Stewart Title’s Commercial Purchaser Policy for transactions of up to $5,000,000 provides protection in respect of commercial, industrial and rural* zoned land against certain unknown and hidden risks.
For risks which are unknown to your clients and where circumstances creating or giving rise to the risks existed or occurred before settlement or during the registration period, Stewart Title will provide cover for:
- Illegal Building Work: illegal structures which have been built without the required Council permits or which do not comply with those permits (for rural properties this cover only applies to the primary residence and not to other structures on the property)
- Survey/Boundary Defects: any adverse matters that would have been revealed in an up to date survey report (excluding boundary walls and fences)
- Registration Gap: someone else lodges a dealing which prevents your interest from being registered or recorded
- Fraud, Forgery & Identity Theft: loss due to fraud, forgery or identity theft which affects your ownership at the time of purchase
- Planning & Title Defects: loss due to non compliance with zoning laws, unregistered easements & covenants, lack of legal access, defects in title to the land
- Unmarketability: loss on resale of the property because of the existence of a covered title risk
- Outstanding Rates and Taxes: outstanding rates and taxes on the property which you are now liable for as the current owner of the property
*Where the property is used for a commercial enterprise.
Like all insurance policies, a Commercial Purchaser Policy excludes certain risks from cover. Some of these standard exclusions include:
- Risks which cause no loss or damage
- Boundary walls and fences
- Risks or loss arising from environmental contamination
- Risks or loss arising from leasing activities
- Risks which the insured creates, allows or agrees to
- Risks which are known to the insured, but not to Stewart Title
- Risks which occur or come into existence after the policy date (except where specifically included in the policy)
- Native title
Stewart Title recognises that commercial transactions vary in nature. We offer a Commercial Purchaser Policy for properties with a purchase price of over $5,000,000 which may be tailored to suit your client’s risk management needs.
Please contact Stewart Title Limited Underwriting Department on 1800 300 440 to discuss your transaction and for further information on how we can help to protect your client.